Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Back pieced

I was going to work on some more hand quilting last night but C was upset I wasn't working on her quilt.  Alrighty then.

I don't have enough batting for her quilt (good thing there's a sale at Jo-Ann) so I worked on piecing the back.  I could have just used the backing joined together since I had enough but I wanted to use the scraps I had from the top though.  I kept the large pieces leftover from the Amy Butler fabrics she picked out and I added smaller scraps to them to fill in the spaces.  I got the back pieced and pressed while watching the Olympics last night and I'll get the batting tonight.  The plan for tonight, making the sandwich maybe and contemplating the quilting a little more.  A trip to the thread store might have to wait until this weekend after my race, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment