Thursday, November 15, 2012

Binding is attached

Now just to turn and stitch it down.


For the record, the binding on this was a mess.  I keep changing my dimensions and seam allowances with each quilt I make so I never remember what I did on previous quilts.  This resulted in not enough fabric for the binding so I dove into my stash to find a suitable replacement.  I reallllly didn't want to try to go back to the store and find the same fabric again.  Think, needle in a haystack kind of store.  I pulled some other pretty fabric in blue and light green as well and I asked the quilt owner what she wanted.  To borrow words from my friend T, she threw me a curve ball by selecting two blue fabrics instead of the other pinks I had out for her to choose from.  

Second snafu.  It was late and I was tired and sick and I just slapped dashed through attaching the binding last night.  From Oh Fransson, she uses 3/8 inch seam allowance and I did the same thinking my strips were bigger than hers anyway.  I would have plenty of binding to turn and stitch down.  Turns out I was totally wrong.  Not even close.  So today I took off the binding and reattached it using a generous 1/4 inch seam.  Much better!

So for the record cut strips for your binding 3 inches wide and use a full 1/4 inch seam to attach.

No comments:

Post a Comment