Sunday, January 13, 2013

Finally, some craftiness

I decided to craft some of the Christmas gifts for our family and friends this year.  And now, off the camera and on to the blog. 


Here are four though I ended up making 7 in total.  The pattern is here at Noodlehead.

Then I ended up making some large tote bags.  Need to make a bunch more because they turned out so cute.  I even might make one for myself.   Pattern for purchase here.  Please don't break any chopsticks trying to turn these handles.  Make the seam allowance 3/8 inch instead of 1/2 inch.  Just a little bit of a difference makes a world of difference in ease of turning. 





And then for my smallest nephews, I made some hooded towels.  Instructions here at One Simple Bliss.


I just yesterday washed and pressed a lot (!) of yards of fabric to make a duvet cover for my sister and brother in law.  That's the last of the crafting for gifts for a while. 

While it was a lot of work to do all that crafting in December and I know I should have started earlier, I loved seeing people open their gifts.  All that hard work was worth it. 

And next year, I'm starting earlier.  :)

2 comments: