Thursday, April 19, 2012

New batch of fabric

Yay! New fabric.

It's now all washed and pressed and void of any selvages.

This the the beginning of the quilt for another niece/nephew nicknamed Cookie Dough.  These are all fabrics from the Robert Kaufman Citron Gray line.

See that bottom bike fabric?  Daddy Cookie, Mama Cookie and Grandma Cookie are all avid bikers (so are other aunts, uncles and cousins) so that fabric is going to be used on the top and as backing.

And the pattern?
*Deep breath*
Really stretching my quilting muscles here but I'm trying this trapezoid pattern from The Quilt Engineer.  I've consulted with my quilt buddy Tiff and engineer / quilting dude uncle, and I think I know how to piece it.  More to come soon.


2 comments:

  1. Not sure what Cookie-D thinks, but Mama-D loves the fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! love the beautiful fabric! what a fun pattern too. see, i think you could totally go into the quilt making business for profit.

    ReplyDelete