Monday, March 30, 2015

Humane Society auction quilt

Last year after the auction for a local humane society fundraiser, I mentioned to my dad, one of their volunteers that I would provide something for the auction.  For a while there, I wasn't sure if it was going to happen or not because the person who organized it last year has since left the position.  I made the quilt top from scraps and then kinda just sat on it for a while. 

I guess it's appropriate that it's cat approved seeing where it's going to end up.

I fixed it after Ramses stepped all over it.


And then done.
I added a border and called it a good size for a baby quilt.

Then all of the sudden the auction was back on and I have a deadline.  It needs to be done by April 10th now.  Ack!  
This was the progress after the better part of a Sunday.  I filled and emptied an entire bobbin and then had to call it quits for the day.  I did a little more last night as well before I figured out that one of the white fabrics is MUCH thicker than the others.  It keeps breaking the top thread despite me changing my needle size (I need to make a post about needle sizes after I do some proper research.  After consulting my quilting buddy, I'm going to stick with 70/10 for piecing but 90/14 for quilting and binding).
The inside of the quilt is a loopy overlapping stipple.  The border is going to have larger figure 8's.


No comments:

Post a Comment