Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Car caddy information

Here's the link again for the tutorial for Homemade by Jill.

Again, I skipped the freeze paper and cutting away for the numbering on the car pockets.  For this project, I blame the fact that I didn't have an Exacto knife to do the tiny work.  My husband has since fixed that since then. 

I used a pair of old worn through the knees jeans and a pair of some work pants that had seen better days for the duck fabric. 

The directions were pretty straight forward but I need to work a little more with my piping.  I left too much of the flat part exposed so it showed when i turned it right side out.  Next time, I will get regular velcro instead of stick on velcro.  I had to sew the stick on velcro to make sure it held.  This made my needle really sticky and I had to throw it away after I used it. 

2 comments:

  1. oh, it is perfect! never in a million years would i have guessed that you needed an exacto knife or need to work on your piping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started popping on snaps on the strap instead of velcro. I think it is all too thick for my machine.

    ReplyDelete