Monday, April 22, 2013

Some birthday gifts for nephews

I am soooooo late on these gifts but here are some pictures of two gifts I sent to my 6 and 2 year old nephews. 

I'll post pictures first and then repost some in new posts with some of my notes in case you have questions on how I put them together. 

Please see my previous links to see who posted them first. 







There's a marble maze on the left side between the back and the top white fabric. Since it's for a 2 year old, the maze in a simple up and down pattern. For older kids, you could make this more complicated. On the right, a buckle, zipper and belt type ring.

 

Counting with pony beads.



And the hardest part of the whole project. Shapes and colors.

 

Please look to my previous post about applique. Not my strong suit but I'm working on it.


And for the six year old, a car carrying case. He's into Matchbox cars so I wanted to give him something he could pack a few into and travel with.

 

All folded up.



Unfolded and sad. It's not full of shiny new cars.


Much better.

1 comment:

  1. big hits in our house, let me tell you!! they both love both gifts. there was a little bit of, "my car," "no, my car" that went on, but still lots of fun. i'm just amazed at your sewing craftiness. you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete