Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Quiet Book

Some notes.  I got the ides for putting the book together from this post Lella Boutique.

I didn't do the fabric lettering because I couldn't get a big enough font that I liked and I'd never used fusible web before.  I need to give it a try since several of my recent projects have called for similar applications.  Instead, I tried my hand at embroidery.  I love the result.  I used this tutorial and as a first time user, it was easy to follow.  I did a simple chain stitch but I hope to try out some other stitches as well. 

I didn't want to do a texture book since C is two now.  I searched the web and Pinterest for ideas for the other pages.  I was hoping to make it a one stop shop to pick up supplies at one store.  I knew they had tons of felt so I went there first.  I found that first and the snaps in a jiffy.  No buckles and most importantly, belting.  After 30 minutes of precious kid free time, I gave up.  7 minutes at a different fabric store I found everything, gave the cashier my digital coupon, paid and was out of there.  You might have to go to several stores to get what you're looking for. 

On to the hardest part, the shapes and snaps.  This time I made three copies of each shape using freezer paper and starch.  Before you sew the bottom part to the backing, sew on one part of the snap.  Sew the other part of the snap on one part of the top and then make a sandwich on the other part of the top.  Shapes and colors = 27 little pieces of fabric and freezer paper.  Next time I'm using fusible webbing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment